Mittwoch, 25. März 2009

Packaging

I am very happy about having finished the visualFORTH-Alpha-Version.

It took a lot of pressure from me, because I met the "shipping date", even some days earlier.
And I got an application done to demonstrate some special features of my visualFORTH.

Today's goal was the packaging. For ease of distribution everything has to be packed together - I hate installation procedures which tell you to put different things on different places.
I do not have the sources to manufacture an self-unpacking EXE, but I like to make it as easy as possible.

Since a lot of users already have their Win32Forth loaded from Sourceforge.net only a feature-patch is needed, and the simplest way to do this is to build a patch.bat and put it together with all feature folders into a zip-file named "program files".

This is the trick:
Downloading this zip-file into the root-directory C will with unzipping copy the batch-file and the feature-folders into the folder "Program Files", then select "Program Files, click on the batch file, and the "patchwork" is done by itself. I was really proud finding this out today. Microsoft did a great job making this possible.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen